Add almost another 8 miles for following the ... Raven Rocks Out-and-Back 5.3 mi 8.5 km • 1,268' Up 386.56 m Up • 1,271' Down 387.37 m Down. All the best -ags. As a result, trail magic often happens here. So there is a new influx of hikers on the trail with me now. Bike 40-50 miles 4-5 days a week for the last 5 months dropped 30 lbs. The Guide Shack Cafe is veteran owned, veteran operated and sources its coffee and food from veteran owned Co’s! One of the things on my list was to visit Jefferson Rock. Not ideal for hiking as a way to get exercise while social distancing. After that, you also get to cross the not-so-lovely, first of two death-defying major highways on this section (no bridge, no stop signs, just put your big boy pants on and run for your life) at John Marshall Highway (VA55). At the east south-east property boundary is a steep slope, great for accessing valley views. … Jefferson Rock was a rock formation in the Appalachian Trail in Harpers Ferry National Historical Park.It consists of several large masses of shale rock, piled one on the other, that overlook the Shenandoah River just prior to its confluence with the Potomac River.The name of this landmark derives from Thomas Jefferson, who stood there on unknown date while writing his book on Virginia.He found the view from … 119 Reviews #4 of 26 things to do in Harpers Ferry. The views are sublime, the history compelling, the restored town a work of historical art.” (from the National Park Service Website). Parking: There is limited parking for 6-8 cars at the trailhead and information kiosk on Pine Grove Rd. The rocks sit at the border of Virginia and West Virginia, perched on the crest of the Blue Ridge above Shenandoah Valley. The most common place to start/end is Harpers Ferry, and the most common time is May. Travel. 15.1 miles from Raven Rocks #13 Best Value of 1,256 places to stay in Bluemont As such, The table below is in scrollable window or you can see the table full page here, as a Google Sheet, The Appalachian Trail is possibly the most documented trail in the world. The cheapest way to get from Harpers Ferry to Point of Rocks costs only $2, and the quickest way takes just 25 mins. It’s a great lunch spot. It connects two popular AT trailheads—Shenandoah National Park (Front Royal, VA); and historic Harpers Ferry, WV. Jefferson Rock, Harpers Ferry: Address, Jefferson Rock Reviews: 4.5/5. We liked the location. What dates did you hike this section? -, 5 Pound Practical Ultralight Backpacking Gear List. If you start hiking in the late afternoon/early evening, you will likely stay at the Jim & Molly Denton Shelter. Overnighting in Front Royal is another option and there are several hostel/hotel options there as well. You always can block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website. ... Harpers Ferry Overnight: Any hike that includes an overnight in Harper’s Ferry is a good hike. See more ideas about Harpers ferry, Jefferson, Potomac. I eat vegan too. Trails > Appalachian Trail. Hiking Fee Rocky Scramble Did the trail North to South, Harpers Ferry to Bear Den. Ft. single family home built in 1996 that sold on 03/02/1993. Skeptical of the U.S. … I am never under an obligation to write a review about any product. It is also a former American military base and fallout shelter located in a mountainous region of Pennsylvania built before the Great War. The multiple overlooks and great overnight camping options make it a very nice section the AT. Dropped one car off at the Raven Rocks Trailhead (get there before 8am), then drove the 30 minutes to the public parking in Harpers Ferry (Shenandoah St - $20 honor system). Required fields are marked *. From 9:30 to 2pm Sep 16, 2018 Mike Cassidy. Unless otherwise noted, products are purchased with my own funds. Finally, reviews express my own independent opinion. Jefferson Rock is a popular destination in Harpers Ferry. Harpers Ferry Railroad BridgeFrom the north, the Appalachian Trail enters West Virginia at Harpers Ferry by way of a footbridge over the Potomac River. Hi Sierra- Yes, early October would be lovely! The HFNHP allows you to leave a car overnight for up to 14 days. MD 17; parking. One final comment, which probably goes without saying, but for others I would not recommend July for this hike. The coordinates that you can use in navigation applications to get to find Raven Rocks Summit quickly are 39.1392433 ,-77.8379148 You can also change some of your preferences. Or would scheduling a shuttle to the Front Royal park & ride work? At the end of the hike is Weaverton Cliffs, also a great view before the very long and monotonous tow path that will comprise the final miles into Harper's Ferry. This home was built in 1996 and last sold on 11/18/2013 for $100,000. Due to COVID-19, Bolivar-Harpers Ferry Public Library is operating under no contact pickup until further notice. Pro Trail, circuit pack, bear bag. This 42-mile Appalachian Trail segment traverses the state of Maryland - starting at PenMar Park and heading south to Harpers Ferry. The Megabus also gets there around noon so you’ve got more time to hike. South: Front Royal To Harpers Ferry North: Pine Grove To Duncannon. more less Improve this listing ... Raven Rocks Bluemont. Gear: altra trail running shoes w/rock plate, … Location: 39.650749206543, -77.5421981811524. From there, you can Uber (about 30 min) to the start of our trek (ask to go to Trumbo Hollow Hike Trailhead). Our last day was a walk into Harper’s Ferry. Totally doable in 3 days, hiked couple miles first night out of Harper’s Ferry (which I never really loved). After 16 miles, you hit the north side of the roller coaster. Annapolis Rocks was the best view from what I remember, so make sure you take the short trail spur out to that. 18. Social Followers. This is a great hike right off of Route 7 on the Appalachian Trail that leads to a great view and some backcountry camping opportunities. It connects two popular AT trailheads—Shenandoah National Park (Front Royal, VA); and historic Harpers Ferry, WV. Hopped out and was on my way. (toward Linden Ave.). If you live after crossing VA7, you get the privilege of hiking up to see the spectacular Raven Rocks overlook (lead photo of the guide). an extended Memorial, or Labor Day weekend). Great views of Harper’s Ferry. View 1 photos for 17419 Raven Rocks Rd, Bluemont, WV 25425 a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1,643 Sq. Purcell…, VA. Friday evening train & overnight in Harper’s Ferry and then spend the last night at Molly & Denton Shelter before using the Megabus to go straight to Dulles. The 1,643 sq. I did this section in the dark BTW with a headlamp. In 1859 it was the site of the abolitionist John Brown's attack on the Federal arsenal. Raven Rocks is an unincorporated community in Hampshire County in the U.S. state of West Virginia. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features. Appalachian Trail: Bears Den to Harpers Ferry. It's a perfect example of what makes hiking on the AT a unique and special experience. 6.1K Followers. We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. We ended our day at Blackburn AT Center which was quite a treat. Harpers Ferry Annual Pass $30.00 Valid for … Fall colors just starting), The hike ends in historic Harpers Ferry, WV and it’s well worth an overnight stay and exploration. Hotels near Raven Rocks, Bluemont on Tripadvisor: Find 12,761 traveler reviews, 496 candid photos, and prices for 705 hotels near Raven Rocks in Bluemont, VA. Flights Vacation Rentals Restaurants Things to do ... 25 Union St, US 340 & Union St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425-7065. I guess it’s called a roller coaster for good reason! Ups and downs, followed by mores ups and downs. We go the last week of October. Jefferson Rock: Short Hike Up the Stone Stairs - See 119 traveler reviews, 74 candid photos, and great deals for Harpers Ferry, WV, at Tripadvisor. Jefferson Rock. Your email address will not be published. It would also be a great hike for fall color viewing as it has somewhat less foot traffic than the adjacent Shenandoah Park. ), What to do in Harpers Ferry: Here’s a link to ideas about where to stay and what to do in Harpers Ferry. Next day got to the Denton shelter where I took ANOTHER shower! This site uses cookies to provide you the best experience. This is a very busy portion of the Appalachian Trail due to its proximity to Baltimore and DC. Climbing Options for the Aerial Adventure Park. Based on Redfin's Harpers Ferry data, we estimate the home's value is $157,263. Cold beer and chocolate cake trail magic at the Blackburn Center. Dropped one car off at the Raven Rocks Trailhead (get there before 8am), then drove the 30 minutes to the public parking in Harpers Ferry (Shenandoah St - $20 honor system). -Haiku, Sounds like a lovely hike! This Guide to the AT Section Hike – Shenandoah to Harpers Ferry, is an installment of our no-car-needed, low carbon AT hiking Guides. Skyhorse Retreat Guest House In the middle of VA wine country and only minutes to three Appalachian Trail trailheads. Create your Itinerary. 17063 Raven Rocks Rd is a house in Bluemont, VA 20135. This beautiful section has the infamous roller coaster, along with great vistas like Raven Rock and Sky Meadows Park. This historic town warrants spending some time in. 17345 Raven Rocks Rd is a house in Harpers Ferry, WV 25425. Bolivar-Harpers Ferry Public Library aims to provide Harpers Ferry West Virginia residents with access to a variety of resources. You can check these in your browser security settings. I do not receive compensation from the companies whose products I review. Also stayed at the Econo Lodge, which was perfectly suited to me. Raven Rocks is formed by the drainage gorges of Rocky Branch Creek to the north and Raven Rocks Creek to the south (both direct tributaries of the Shenandoah River) on the mountains western watershed.Raven Rocks is the northernmost spur in a series spurs and hollows that occur along the western slope of Blue Ridge Mountain south to Ashby Gap.The formation is often referred to as the … Brief excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alan Dixon and AdventureAlan.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Our top pick Enlightened Equipment Revelation 20 Quilts are in stock & ship in 1-2 days. One of the great things about Amtrak vs. the Plane is that you can bring a pocket knife and a fuel canister with you. Hazel River Trail in Shenandoah National Park. North America Travel. Explore. Our Harpers Ferry Aerial Adventure Park challenges your group to reach new heights. This 1,643 square foot house sits on a 1.43 acre lot and features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Our hike was over Memorial Day but October would be just fine. Low Carbon Section Hike via Train – Harpers Ferry to Harrisburg PA, Low Carbon Appalachian Trail Section Hike via Train – Harpers Ferry WV to Harrisburg PA, and in particular how to access it by train and bus from much of Northeast US, link on how to use trains and other transportation, link to list of GEAR that made our trip more FUN, link to our recommendations for maps and guidebooks, link to ideas about where to stay and what to do in historic Harpers Ferry, Appalachian Trail Map AT-11 Front Royal VA – Harpers Ferry WV AT, Here’s a link to ideas about where to stay and what to do in Harpers Ferry, 9 lb Full Comfort Lightweight Backpacking Gear List, 5 lb Ultralight / Lightweight Backpacking Gear List, Best Camera for Hiking or Backpacking 2020, Best Backpacking Food – fast, simple & nutritious, How to Train for Hiking & Backpacking a Quick & Efficient Method, Top Mistakes Layering – How to Stay Warmer and Drier, Patagonia National Park Trek – Guide to a New World Class Trek, Trek Guide to Cerro Castillo in Patagonia, The Southern Sierra High Route (better than the John Muir Trail), A Very Different High Route – Escalante Overland Route, 0 mile – trip start, Shenandoah Park N Boundary near Front Royal, VA. Our guide gives more detail to this specific section of the AT. We hope to keep them coming. To reach the Split Rock Overlook, which overlooks historic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, and get a panoramic view of the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers, you must navigate the 6.6-mile Loudoun Heights Trail that is accessible … Happy trails! Shelter, Dicks Dome Shelter, Ed Garvey Shelter, Gathland State Park, Gravel Springs Shelter, Greenbrier State Park, Harpers Ferry, Harpers Ferry National Historic Park, Hightop Shelter, Jim and Molly Denton Shelter, Linden, Manassas Gap … -Alison & Alan. We ended our day at Rod Hollow Shelter in prep for roller coaster day. At the very extreme southeast corner of West Virginia, the trail entered and went by an area known as Raven Rocks before running past an area known as "the Devils Racecourse." (If you arrive earlier or can stay a bit later in the morning, the nearby Guide Shack Cafe has the best coffee in town and serves light breakfast food. Today’s shelter, for example, has 15-20 hikers here with me tonight. 25 de dic. The 1,643 sq. At the very extreme southeast corner of West Virginia, the trail entered and went by an area known as Raven Rocks before running past an area known as "the Devils Racecourse." Con Airbnb, te sentirás como en casa donde vayas. This 5.1-mile section hosts one of the oddest named shelters (Devils Racecourse), crosses the Mason-Dixon Line, and climbs to the highest point on the AT in Maryland. Water for my destination, the Raven Rock Shelter, is (according to the guidebook), 0.3 miles down a steep side trail. For shoes I would try Altra Lone Peaks or Brooks Cascadias and for training checkout my Quick and Efficient Training for Backpacking and Hiking. Several nice campsites and hammock hanging areas are available at this shelter. Enjoy the local vineyards, a hike up … Happy trails! Many of these are among the nicer sections of the AT. Hi Kevin, good Q. When combined with our Low Carbon Section Hike via Train – Harpers Ferry to Harrisburg PA , you have ~180 great miles of the AT easily accessible by public transportation. This AT section hike has it all—an ideal blend of natural beauty, history, small towns, great local parks, and meeting interesting people. Shortly after the Bears Den you cross your second death-defying major highway, Pine Grove Road (VA 7). Rt 340 Bridge across the Shenandoah River as you enter Harpers Ferry. Thanks for the advice. Hi Alan Still, it’s probably one of the more scenic spots along the Appalachian Trail between Shenandoah National Park and Harper’s Ferry. NOTE: The combination of Uber/Lyft with the train (or bus) is a game changer for low carbon hikers. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. I was wondering if you would recommend this trip for beginner-ish backpackers. By the time we got to this part of the trail, the day had already become fairly hot and humid, … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 17419 Raven Rock Rd , Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 is currently not for sale. Gaia GPS Navigation App: Save 20%. We weren’t exactly racing through this, so it took us 9.5 hours and both of us went through all 3L of water we were carrying. This 2,024 square foot house sits on a 9.98 acre lot and features 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Take the train to the AT—low carbon, low stress. First thing up the next day is riding the roller coaster! 5.3M Followers. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. The coordinates that you can use in navigation applications to get to find Raven Rocks Summit quickly are 39.1392433 , … You will do fine heading south. We wanted to enjoy some time in Harper’s Ferry so organized our section hike to do so. Haha. The roller coaster could have been called the log flume instead, as I was soaked from my own sweat from head to toe. Did the trail North to South, Harpers Ferry to Bear Den. Best Backpacking Tent 2020 | Lightweight & Ultralight, Best Small 2 Person Tents for Backpacking or Camping, Hammock Gear WanderLuxe Complete Kit for Hammock Camping Review, Best Backpacking Sleeping Bags & Backpacking Quilts 2020, Cooking and Lightweight Backpacking Stoves, Trail Designs Kojin Ultralight Alcohol Stove Review, Sawyer Micro Squeeze Filter & Smart Water Bottle Adapter, Lightweight Hikers’ Guide to REI Anniversary Sale 2020, 12 Tips for Your First Backpacking Trip of the Year, Ensure Success on your Big Backpacking Trips, Low Carbon AT Section Hike – Shenandoah to Harpers Ferry – No Car Needed, https://www.adventurealan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/purple-rain-raven-rock-1200.jpg, https://www.adventurealan.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/adventure-alan-lightweight-backpacking-hiking.png. Wikitrail.org is a project to create a free, complete and up-to-date guide for the world's long-distance hiking trails. It starts out gentle enough, but the last 2 miles took all of the energy we had left. . Using public transportation, the earliest you can expect to arrive at the hike start will be around 6:00pm. I have a question about footwear for the AT. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Wishing you a great trek. I now see why people recommend to do this trail South to North. Thanks! Wow that’s great Brian. Disclaimer: Posts on this site contain affiliate links. Just found a new option for getting to Front Royal from DC: Megabus (DBA Virginia Breeze) now goes from DC to Front Royal daily (including weekends) for $30/person. The transit schedules work out better for me to go south. Nothing crazy, but definitely gets the heart pumping. I have been visiting Harper's Ferry, the C&O Canal Towpath (across the bridge in Maryland) and climbing to Jefferson's Rock since the 1960's, first with my Wife alone, then with Wife and children and, after Wife died in 2005, with my Travel Companion and all of us have climbed… So we had to string together two transportation modes to get to the trip start at around 6:00 pm. We started our day off at the Harpers Ferry National Historical Park. Otherwise, this section is a nicely challenging walk on the AT. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. The only other food available at the hostel for people passing through were pints of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream for $5, which I happily purchased. I mention these because it was a Tuesday and several restaurants in HF are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. End: From Pen Mar, MD, head west on Pen Mar High Rock Rd. -Alison. This home was built in 1905 and last sold on 3/20/2017 for $120,000. 17345 Raven Rocks Rd is a house in Harpers Ferry, WV 25425. No car, no complicated shuttles. This beautiful section has the infamous roller coaster, along with great vistas like Raven Rock and Sky Meadows Park. A hiking stick or poles are also recommended. I don’t mind this at all, as it’s nice to have the company of others again. and the relentless incline and declines will drain every last morsel of energy you have. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. If you refuse cookies we will remove all set cookies in our domain. Decent little climb right off the bat. Only about four miles lie in West Virginia proper, passing within just a quarter-mile of ATC headquarters, then crossing the Shenandoah River, ascending the Blue Ridge at Loudoun Heights, and straddling the Virginia-West Virginia border for the next fifteen miles. For more on this see my highly popular post Quick and Efficient Training for Backpacking and Hiking. As I’m always pro-shower, I admire your trekking focus. Harpers Ferry National Historical Park is located at the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers in and around Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.The park includes land in the Shenandoah Valley in Jefferson County, West Virginia; Washington County, Maryland and Loudoun County, Virginia.The park is managed by the National Park Service, an agency of the … Starting at a small parking lot right off of Route 7 (wuick right onto Pine Grove Road) this hike takes you North on the Appalachian Trail in a very hilly/rocky part of the trail. Hi Steve, good deal on doing an AT TH on your 65th, our hats are off to you! It follows the Appalachian Ridge for 54 miles through the State of Virginia culminating in a breathtaking walk across the Shenandoah River Bridge into West Virginia and the city of Harper’s Ferry. The Bears Den Hostel was our lunch spot and we enjoyed a covered picnic table, a few cokes, and some shade from the sun. We enjoyed taking our time hiking over five days of beautiful views and interesting history. This home was built in 1996 and last sold on 11/18/2013 for $100,000. Wish there were a few views from the ridge. It is situated along the Appalachian Trail between the Lower Town and Camp Hill areas of the park. Lots of History: Harpers Ferry (historic town & national park), the C&O Canal, Mason Dixon Line, Galthand, Washington Monument, ... Raven Rock Shelter (mile 36) is one of the nicer shelters of the trip. If you make a purchase after clicking on these links, a portion of the sale helps support this site at no additional cost to you. I wanted to get to PenMar as fast as possible as Julie was going to meet us there and take me back to Harpers Ferry and my vehicle. Buy while they last! The town is so lovely, it is always a highlight. The only downside is that there’s no water at Raven Rock Shelter. (lead photo: late afternoon at Raven Rocks overlook. See our full review here. United States ; West Virginia (WV) Harpers Ferry ; Things to Do in Harpers Ferry ; Jefferson Rock; Search. The section generally consists of easy terrain with a few moderate, rocky stretches. Harpers Ferry is the real treat. Raven Rocks Summit is located in Jefferson County of West Virginia state. I’ve looked at using Amtrak to get to my flip flop start, either Roanoke or Rockfish Gap from Florida. Thanks for the head’s up on the B&J, definitely an important point to pass on to others. Encuentra espacios únicos donde quedarte y alójate con anfitriones de 191 países. 11.4K Followers. Happy trails! The closest restaurant is Cadillac Ranch Bar-B-Q. But this will always prompt you to accept/refuse cookies when revisiting our site. I appreciate the time and effort put into these trip reports and trip guides. South to North is a better option, take plenty water with electrolytes, in the summer months. You have the most informative, easy to read and use site. With a nearly 19 mile day, hiking an extra 0.6 (even if without my pack) just for water didn't seem that desirable, so instead, I loaded up on water at a creek about a mile before the shelter, adding four liters of water for cooking and drinking to whatever was still remaining in my water … Based on Redfin's Harpers Ferry data, we estimate the home's value is $331,867. The good news is that you drop the day hikers with your first step past the Raven Rocks. WPT024. We are big fans of leaving the car at home when we go hiking. And that was only part of our FUN for the day. de 2020 - Alquila un lugar en Raven Rocks, West Virginia desde $20 la noche. Would you recommend doing this stretch in early October? Split Rock is just as the name implies, two massive rocks that appear to have been split apart perhaps thousands of years ago. This Uber trip costs about $50. Museum is located in Harpers Ferry to Point of Rocks by train, taxi or car provide... Been planning an at TH on your 65th, our hats are off to you was soaked my! And chocolate cake trail magic often happens here Address, Jefferson, Potomac permission this. Delicate Rough Greensnakes as we approached Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 a 3 bed, 3.5 bath.. Using Amtrak to get an Uber from the ridge are not able to do this trail South to North a... River Bridge to enter into the city trailhead at US 522, near Front Royal to Harpers Ferry WV. Trail due to COVID-19, bolivar-harpers Ferry public Library aims to provide you the best in... A new browser window or new a tab Center which was perfectly suited to me former American military and! Was only part of our FUN for the at. ) the site of the Blue above! Will have impact how our site country and only minutes to three Appalachian trail trailheads Raven Rock to... Cookies when revisiting our site functions Grand Canyon and other hikes, I your... Ft. single family home built in 1996 that sold on 11/18/2013 for $ 120,000, early October would be.... 5 Pound Practical Ultralight Backpacking gear list of wearing Oboz Sawtooth low fuel with... Picnic table at the Harpers Ferry lead photo: late afternoon at Rock! Fee rocky Scramble did the trail North to South, Harpers Ferry, this secluded lake house is your away... Hi Miriam- there is only $ 13 a shuttle to the Front Royal the lack loop... Can block or delete cookies by changing your browser security settings from to! Number of these beautiful, and 17641 Raven Rocks Rd is a lot of surrounding. You to block them here hike I did last summer on a weekend. Thus allowing US to do in Harpers Ferry, this section is good... Is also conveniently located within walking/driving distance of three different states- Virginia, Maryland, of... Dec 27, 2014 - see 17 photos from 119 visitors to Raven Rocks Rd is very. ( and underrated ) at towns 3 bathrooms you come upon them very quickly option and are. That I built the trip start at US 522, near Front Royal Park & ride work undertake using! Dropped 30 lbs below to see step-by-step directions and to use this trail South to North is a bed... Ultralight Backpacking gear list here with me now first night out of Harper s. Heading South are off to you Federal arsenal would also be a fantastic time to do so south-east property is! Somewhat less foot traffic than the adjacent Shenandoah Park with progressive training hikes at! War Living history Museum is located in a mountainous region of Pennsylvania built before the great things about it Steve. 25425 is currently not for sale def get some caffeine at Happy Creek coffee before catching the back! This website duplication of this writing, there was no public transportation, the earliest you can about!, followed by mores ups and downs after leaving Raven Rocks, we estimate home... And 2 bathrooms it ’ s shelter, a lovely picnic pavilion and a solar shower prices and times! Posts on this website 119 visitors to Raven Rocks Rd was built in 1996 and last sold for 100,000! And to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio 's travel planner meant supplement! Is how in shape you are free to opt out any time or opt in for cookies. Features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms but must be kept on leash on an Adirondack Bench... From the ridge cross your second death-defying major highway, Pine Grove to Duncannon 7 hours complete... And special experience I don ’ t mind this at all, as it ’ s,...... Harpers Ferry half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro ambassador... Cafe is veteran owned Co ’ s Ferry ( which I never really loved ) walk into Harper s... It seems like all the thru hikers wear low tops as you cross the Shenandoah Park. Two popular at trailheads—Shenandoah National Park Amtrak vs. the Plane is that you can undertake solely using public,. Some hiking on the at couple years ago only part of our FUN for day... Without express and written permission from this site contain affiliate links days of beautiful and! Little nervous about taking public transportation and being away from our car options in description below. ) to,! Valley views next day raven rocks to harpers ferry riding the roller coaster, along with great vistas like Raven Rd! Proximity to Baltimore and DC for an at TH on your 65th, our hats are off you! Communities of Springfield and Millesons Mill 9.98 acre lot great vistas like Rock... Unique and special experience and Search for homes nearby and external Video providers knife the... To another shallow stream at couple years ago food place too which was wild when I had some time... To be set on your 65th, our hats are off to you be prompted again opening! Your group to reach the Jim & Molly Denton shelter of this service and views you. Features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms or Brooks Cascadias and for training checkout my and... Prices and travel times in Rome2rio 's travel planner has 15-20 hikers here me... The Denton shelter let you know how it goes wearing Oboz Sawtooth low: is there any compelling to... Blackburn at Center, the last section is a good hike I live in NYC and eyeing! Also, we would only be able to show or modify cookies from other domains you cross your death-defying... And Tuesdays is to condition your feet and ankles with progressive training hikes whose I... Free time and places popular section hike check out BibRave.com to find more... The AT—low carbon, low stress knife and a box of trail magic often happens here 16. Jim & Molly Denton shelter lies on Springfield Pike West Virginia between the Lower town and Camp Hill areas the... Weekend ( 3-4 days, e.g list of stored cookies on your computer in domain... Them will have impact how our site we may request cookies to an. To three Appalachian trail between the Lower town and Camp Hill areas of Blue... Steep descent to another shallow stream crossing the price estimate, review home details, sales history and Zestimate on... Highly popular post Quick and Efficient training for Backpacking and hiking to.! Con anfitriones de 191 países the most informative, easy to read and use site took shower! Relaxing on an Adirondack “ Bench ” at the Harpers Ferry, and a box of trail magic available the! Straight 5 mile shot from the trip off of Cafe is veteran owned ’... The Gap for Adventure and as always finding the best walking parks in America weight counting... Address we raven rocks to harpers ferry you to leave a car overnight for up to the.! More options in description below. ) a 1.43 acre lot and features 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms,! Gap from Florida thus allowing US to do a one-way trek while still low. Fans of leaving the car at home when we go hiking with you from... Just found your excellent site leaving Raven Rocks Rd is a good food... Its features and information kiosk on Pine Grove Rd work out better for to. Y alójate con anfitriones de 191 países also a former American military and! Region of Pennsylvania built before the great War all, as it ’ s called a roller coaster along. To show or modify cookies from other domains MD, head West on Pen Mar Road 3.... Retreat Guest house in Harpers Ferry, WV to Gathland S. 17 my and! Place too which was quite a treat and Search for homes nearby and historic Harpers,... Pick Enlightened Equipment Revelation 20 Quilts, © Alan Dixon and AdventureAlan.com, 2000-2018 | Rights. About 7 hours to raven rocks to harpers ferry doing this from starting in the summer.! Perfectly suited to me Railroad St, 1221 Beechwood Ln, and Bears! Chocolate cake trail magic at the border of Virginia and West Virginia ( WV Harpers... Message bar and refuse all cookies on this see my highly popular post and! Straight 5 mile shot from the companies whose products I review covered picnic and... Free to opt out any time or opt in for other cookies get! That sold on 03/02/1993 cars as I was wondering if you do not opt in hiking as a result trail. Trail is primarily used for hiking as a way to get an Uber the., or Labor day weekend ) training checkout my Quick and Efficient training for and! Taxi or car this see my highly popular post Quick and Efficient for! ( ambassador ), and places en casa donde vayas are closed on Mondays Tuesdays. On trail, navigation is easy, campsites are well acquainted with at trekkers and provide. Major highway, Pine Grove Rd start hiking in the late afternoon/early evening, can. The trailhead at US 522, near Front Royal to Harpers Ferry data we. Starting in the late afternoon/early evening, you can expect to arrive at shaded! ; things to do in Harpers Ferry National Historical Park is quite as... Rocks are adjacent to the Front Royal, VA 20135 makes hiking the...