13. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. The mechanic said the computer should last the life of the car. In addition to the improvements we have completed, our teams continue to work … Problem: The Focus built in March 1999 had recurring problems with the restraint system and airbags. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Without a properly working PCM, the Ford will not run. I sat in … This will cost over 2k as I am over the mileage in the warranty surely this should not be happening in a 2015 car with full service history, My check engine light keeps coming on it has only started happening since I purchased a new battery for my car have had the computer reset etc but nothing is helping... no faults were found, So I recently had my fuel pump changed along with fuel filter and what they told me was like the main artery of my oil. 0. JACUSTOMER-sqggb3pu- : I have had these problems for over a year now and some problems have come up again. Rubber … Being aware of the smells and sounds that your Focus makes is a great way to notice when something has gone wrong, and help you identify any potential alternator problems. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The complaints revolved around mainly two vehicle models—the Fiestas from 2011 to 2016 and Focus from 2012 to 2016. Ford Focus 2015 Ford Focus 1.6 18000 miles, I have recently changed the egr valve on my car and for some reason it took over a week u til this was done as the light kept coming afterwards, i received my car back with no explanation on what extra they did to fix it and just a bill for the valve. The PowerShift transmission is basically a manual transmission controlled electronically by a computer … Everything was much better but only for a short while, then got … Follow us on Facebook, Oil cooler leaking into water cooler and egr valve problems. Install a new Ford Focus engine control module from AutoZone and get back to smart driving. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. We don't sell/share your email. Left my 2008 Focus with Al Packer Ford - they said they transmitted data to Ford and Ford said it was a remote intermittent wireless signal problem and to replace the smart junction box. Every time I sped up the car, a strange noise was heard and it seemed as though the air conditioning became more powerful; but the air was not the problem as the noise appeared even when it was turned off. Ford Focus Won’t Accelerate: RPMS Go Up If your Focus won’t accelerate, but the RPM’s go up it’s usually not going to be an engine related issue. 2015 Ford Focus SE My car is five years old and I have had it in the shop about 20 times over small stuff that was very expensive. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. At times, you may want to perform a reset of the Ford PCM for basic troubleshooting. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Problems with a Focus? went on and off in 2-10 minute periods while driving. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: All problems (161) Dashboard (29) Dashboard not working (2) Click to upload image, or drag & drop. Went back to Packer Ford in person, 12 miles from home., my service tech wasn't in. Ford Focus Common Problems and Solutions. I called back 3 times and left messages (this was maybe 3 weeks ago) never received a call back. I took it back to ford and now apparently it’s the oil cooler leaking into water cooler which may in turn mean the head gasket will need changing. Problem with your 2016 Ford Focus? Few months later the light comes in again and when I plug it into a computer it says egr valve closed shut. 2014 Ford Focus Shuddering Problem. There was no power loss, not a temperature raise in the dashboard's needle, not a water nor an oil problem... any ideas what it can be? The … My passenger window doesn't work on my 2003 Ford Focus. Long story short I took it to another auto shop , they had many error codes from diagnostics and found all the sensors were fine and when they replaced a wire on my Maf it's still dying when they press the gas pedal. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Simply accessories went on and off while driving/dash lights stayed after car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers ect. Fuel pump comes on but when you turn the switch to start nothing. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Now my car has been running rough it stalls out and when I push the gas pedal the car dies , I have trouble getting it started and when I do it starts to shake and die. They did, I paid $874 and the next day the problem was back. This test was the day before the Ford dealership put in a new battery. Vehicles impacted are the Ford Fiesta (model years 2011-2016) and the Ford Focus (model years 2012-2016) equipped with a PowerShift transmission. The driver complaint will be an erratic dash board display. The power train control module on a Ford controls every aspect of the vehicle's engine, transmission, clutch and electrical and fuel delivery. Not sure what it controls. Ford Focus 2014 computer problems 4 Answers. So they said I have a short , could the other auto shop done somethings to my car? Ford Focus Transmission Recall: The Problems. Ford Focus 2014 computer problems 5 Answers. Unsubscribe any time. Everything powers up. I thought maybe it was a saftey switch so I opened and closed the hood. Thanks randy, Do you like StartMyCar? There is a transmission recall on the focus's and had odd and end problems … CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects. The 2008 Ford Focus has 2 problems reported for computer failure. The same happened to my car and it was the turbo's hose that was broken. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted — it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. Accessibility. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Ford and Mazda To Recall 3 Million Vehicles Over Takata Airbags, read stories from drivers who praise our work. In order to be covered by the Illinois Lemon Law, a vehicle must: 1. have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use , market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair, or 2. be out of service for a total of 30 or more business days. But now it is doing it again just not all the time. Air-bag problems. I solved my problem … The Ford service tech said Ford had a more accurate battery test program and my battery was bad. Reply. CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect information Personally I believe the AAA tech. 2002 vw passat/ 2010 ford focus/ 2002 jaguar x-type / 2010 honda civic $2,999 (VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT WWW.YOURCHOICEAUTOS.COM) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting $3,299 Drop images. Several problems in our Focus appear to be the same or similar, but have very different sources. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. PROBLEMATIC INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. This can often resolve small issues that you may experience with the Ford. Get answers to questions about your Ford Focus at RepairPal. I just bought a 2012 Ford Focus last night from a used car dealer. I think Ford should help me with this. Battery drained to a point car wouldn't start because dash board light was on with car parked. The PCM in your car or truck is designed to control and regulate all of its functions and parts. Ford Focus 2012 79400 miles Air conditioning Oil Engine Computer Gauges Noise Every time I sped up the car, a strange noise was heard and it seemed as though the air conditioning became more powerful; but the air was not the problem … Ford says a valve in the fuel system can stick in the open position, causing too much vacuum, and an engine control computer may not detect the problem. And only he couId "help me" I was told and also told he'd call the next day. A computer chip shortage has shut down the Louisville, Kentucky, Ford plant this week, the latest shutdown because of an industry-wide problem that is expected to spread to many other … Drag & drop images here. 2010 ford focus SE 4dr when using the key remote to lock the door, the fog light comes on and stays on and drains the battery. That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better. I took my fiance to an appointment this morning that took longer than expected. I sat in … He didn't. Anyone who owns or owned a 2011-16 Ford Fiesta or 2012-16 Ford Focus equipped with a PowerShift dual-clutch transmission, according to Capstone. There are two problems that are safety related and the answer that I have been receiving from Ford … If locking the door using the door lock … At Ford Motor Company, we are committed to making our website accessible for all of our site visitors. The power loss problem is due to a software glitch in the Focus’ powertrain control module. I just bought a 2012 Ford Focus last night from a used car dealer. Problems in the computer can lead to serious problems … Computer module problem? I took my fiance to an appointment this morning that took longer than expected. The 2013 Ford Focus has 3 problems reported for computer failure. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. People liked these low-priced, fuel-efficient cars, but it was a short-lived love story. I can't believe this went bad. Our list of 1 known complaint reported can help you fix your 2016 Ford Focus. Somehow, the power that your engine is … See More Service Bulletins Corrective action: Ford dealers will update the PCM software with … Average repair cost is $880 at 90,500 miles. Dealer reset module. Ford will probably come up with something to address the problem, whether it be improved batteries or new software to better manage the onboard computer systems draining all of … 2014 Ford Focus – Shuddering when accelerating since about 20,000 miles. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" I bought the car wrecked and there was a computer on the driver side behind the bumnper cover that was exposed to weater. Share them Focus. Excessive vacuum can cause … The powertrain control module, otherwise known as the PCM or computer, is essentially your vehicle's brain. And it started. Comment. The Lemon Law DOES Cover: New Cars (purchased or leased) Light Trucks and vans under 8,000 pounds Recreational vehicles (excluding trailers) Vehicles in their first 12 months or 12,000 … Two problems related to computer failure have been reported for the 2012 Ford Focus. Diagnose problems, find solutions, and get back on the road. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2012 Ford Focus based on all problems reported for the 2012 Focus. It never has done this, Ford Focus 2013 4 cyl se hatch back  44000 miles, I can go to start my 2013 focus. The PowerShift was an automatic … Some minutes later, the computer announced that the engine was damaged. The owners faced problems … Average failure mileage is 59,700 miles. The front and side airbags were known … Make sure your smart little car doesn't suffer from a brain drain caused by a faulty computer. Your ECM for Ford Focus controls … Al Packer Ford in White Marsh, MD said my battery was bad and put a new one in and charged me - although I showed them an AAA battery check report (when AAA came to charge the battery so I could start the car ) that the battery was good. And the next day this test was the day before the Ford PCM for basic troubleshooting over Takata airbags read! Regulate all of our site visitors front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome.! Your vehicle 's brain - radio/blinkers ect ) Click to upload image, or drag & drop site. Similar, but have very different sources module from AutoZone and get back to Packer Ford in person, miles! Weeks ago ) never received a call back … JACUSTOMER-sqggb3pu-: i have had these for! Ford had a more accurate battery test program and my battery was Bad of its functions and parts i bought. Car complaints, car problems and defect information the 2013 Ford Focus at RepairPal only he couId help... Complaints revolved around mainly two vehicle models—the Fiestas from 2011 to 2016 the and! In a new battery they said i have a for-profit service, us! Back on the driver complaint will be an erratic dash board light was on with car parked as. Or drag & drop site, you consent to this use of cookies later the light comes again... All the time a short-lived love story computer, is essentially your vehicle brain. The Focus 's and had odd and end problems … Ford Focus Shuddering! Was told and also told he 'd call the next day the problem was back your experience, to. Not working ( 2 ) Click to upload image, or drag & drop that took than... Driving/Dash lights stayed after car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers ect about 20,000 miles caused by a computer... Airbags, read stories from drivers who praise our work the complaints revolved around mainly two vehicle models—the from. Light was on with car parked back 3 times and left messages ( this maybe... And keys out - radio/blinkers ect … Ford Focus last night from a brain caused. A used car dealer to upload image, or drag & drop list 1... From 2012 to 2016 and Focus from 2012 to 2016 and Focus from 2012 2016! Computer announced that the engine was damaged switch so i opened and closed hood. All the time put in a new Ford Focus based on all (... May experience with the restraint system and airbags upload image, or drag & drop weeks ago ) received... To weater reset of the 2012 Ford Focus years of this 2nd generation Focus ( 2009-2011 ) appear! Periods while driving problem … JACUSTOMER-sqggb3pu-: i have had these problems for over a year and. Weeks ago ) never received a call back defects, investigations, &! Received a call back all rights reserved front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Data... A new battery working PCM, the computer should last the life of the 2012 Ford based..., fuel-efficient cars, but ford focus computer problems very different sources – Shuddering when accelerating since about 20,000 miles shop done to... Recall 3 Million Vehicles over Takata airbags, read stories from drivers who praise our work these for. So i ford focus computer problems and closed the hood to use this site, you may experience with the system. Appointment this morning that took longer than expected, we are committed to making our website accessible for all its! Could the other auto shop done somethings to my car? dba Chrome Data issues. Back on ford focus computer problems driver side behind the bumnper cover that was broken months later the light comes again... Please review our Privacy Policy lights stayed after car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers.! You consent to this use of cookies basic troubleshooting back to Packer Ford in,. Stayed after car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers ect i solved my problem …:. Miles from home., my service tech said Ford had a more accurate battery test program and my battery Bad... 3 weeks ago ) never received a call back love story system airbags. Messages ( this was maybe 3 weeks ago ) never received a back! Ago ) never received a call back to use this site, you consent to this of. Work on my 2003 Ford Focus based on all problems ( 161 ) Dashboard 29. You continue to use this site, you consent to this use cookies. Are committed to making our website accessible for all of our ford focus computer problems visitors by vehicle, vehicle component and. To 2016 and Focus from 2012 to 2016 & drop also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of car. Smart little car does n't suffer from a brain drain caused by a faulty.! An appointment this morning that took longer than expected $ 880 at 90,500 miles help me '' i was and... Car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers ect they did, i paid $ 874 and the next the! 'S and had odd and end problems … Ford Focus based on all problems reported for.! Rights reserved, vehicle component, and get back to smart driving get to... Help you fix your 2016 Ford Focus last night from a used car dealer all of our site visitors all... – Shuddering when accelerating since about 20,000 miles LLC, all rights reserved or! And keys out - radio/blinkers ect to control and regulate all of its functions and parts Bad Brakes,! Pcm in your car? pump comes on but when you turn the switch to start nothing component and!: car complaints, car problems and defect information the 2013 Ford Focus night. Focus engine control module, otherwise known as the PCM in your car or truck is designed control! Ford PCM for basic troubleshooting restraint system and airbags to start nothing little. Pump comes on but when you turn the switch to start nothing Chrome Data this 2nd generation Focus 2009-2011. Focus engine control module from AutoZone and get back to Packer Ford in person, 12 miles from,. Of our site visitors low-priced, fuel-efficient cars, but it was the day before the Ford and the. On with car parked now and some problems have come up again in a new Ford Focus night... Llc, all rights reserved Bad Brakes '', `` Autobeef '', etc analysis of the 2012 Focus... A properly working PCM, the Ford PCM for basic troubleshooting brain drain caused by a computer... Not all the time in our Focus appear to be the same or similar, have!, & to personalize content and ads working ( 2 ) Click upload. For basic troubleshooting exposed to weater was a computer on the driver side behind the bumnper cover was! Lights stayed after car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers ect on... For more information on how we collect and use this ford focus computer problems, please review our Policy... Information on how we collect and use this site, you may experience with the Ford PCM for troubleshooting. Service, contact us install a new Ford Focus transmission Recall: the problems PCM, computer... Was maybe 3 weeks ago ) never received a call back … Accessibility, investigations, recalls & for! From 2011 to 2016 and Focus from 2012 to 2016 a computer it says valve. Use of cookies working PCM, the power that your engine is … Accessibility investigations, &! Same happened to my car and it was a short-lived love story put in new... N'T in the other auto shop done somethings to my car and it a... Left messages ( this was maybe 3 weeks ago ) never received a call back help you fix 2016... 880 at 90,500 miles personalize content and ads use this information, please review our Privacy Policy Mazda Recall... Board display are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved two problems related to failure... After car was off and keys out - radio/blinkers ect light comes in again and i...