The ART of Hybrid Timber Framing
The Art of Hybrid Timber Framing is a must read for project owners, architects/designers, and builders who want to influence the look and feel of their building timber frame project using exposed beam construction.
It is rich with ideas, imagery, and instruction to jump start your inspiration and planning.
Naturally, post and beam construction has an outsized impact on the aesthetics of building projects. Adding timbers without weighing the structural and aesthetic impacts can magnify any awkward imbalances; proceeding without addressing these important considerations is very risky.
You will learn how to avoid expensive pitfalls and understand the diverse timber styles showcased in this book.
This will help you better communicate your ideas, achieve an enjoyable building process, and maximize your probabilities of success using hybrid timber framing.
This guide will help you plan and build it right the first time!
About the Author
Important Factors Covered in the Book
- How to achieve optimized beauty by first defining ugly
- Where to draw the line with hybrid timber framing
- Seven chapters portraying diverse and unique timber styles
- How to avoid the over simplified “Hail Mary” approach
- How to accurately predict the cost of hybrid timber framing